Quality of Life
- Encourage training of older adults so that they may access and use current technology, including the internet, email, and face-to-face applications.
- Support community programs that address isolation and that bring older adults together for companionship
- Support efforts to end the exploitation of older adults through fraud and abuse.
- Support safety and protection of all individuals whose lives are or may be touched by gun violence,
alcohol and drug abuse or harmful combinations of prescribed or OTC medications.
- Promote community involvement for older adults to interact with people of all ages through volunteer activities, religious services, membership in group activities, or other ways.
- Support public safety policies that recognize the needs, abilities, and protections of people of all ages, races, gender, sexual identities, physical or mental condition or economic circumstance.
- Support a clean and sustainable environment and access to life-sustaining systems for all.
- Support comprehensive, universal, quality, affordable, and accessible health care regardless of age, race, gender, sexuality, health status, physical or mental ability or economic circumstance.
- Support the inclusion of dental, vision, and mental health services in all health care plans.
- Support a more fulsome public health system that emphasizes neighborhood outreach and grass-roots assistance for all ages.
- Support an individual’s right to exercise full choice and control over their body in making all health and medical choices, including end-of-life planning and death with dignity decisions.
- Support and promote standards of care for small and large congregate care locations and home-based settings.
- Support training and education for all caregivers.
- Support adequate wages and benefits for caregivers regardless of setting.
- Support services that provide emotional and psychological assistance to all caregivers.
- Support regular monitoring and oversight of community and in-home care sites.
- Support housing options that are accessible, affordable, and safe for all regardless of gender, health status, access needs, ability, or economic circumstance.
- Advocate for housing for homeless seniors and others.
- Support adequate planning for disasters or emergencies and provide training necessary to care for all and to respond appropriately to the situation.
- Support creative inclusive housing solutions that employ the best use of interior and exterior space for senior-only living or multi-generational dwellings.
- Support housing located near services, such as transportation, shopping, and healthcare facilities.
Legislation & Advocacy
- Support local, state and/or Federal legislation that provide benefits to seniors in any aspect of life, including but not limited to, financial issues, health care, housing, safety, and services that assist people with disabilities.
- Support political candidates who actively espouse our focus areas and mission statement and work to address the needs of older adults and those who care for them.
- Support organizations whose goals match our focus areas.
- Advocate change of and/or enhancement of public policies and legislation that support our mission and the above focus areas and oppose those that do not.
See more Legislation & Advocacy
Adopted September 24, 2021